Most people suffering from bouts of depression, anxiety and general mood disorders that greatly affect their quality of life don’teven know that they have non-prescription options to treat their depression effectively.
An herbal strategy for relieving depression focuses not only on easing the depression, but also includes herbs that help to restore balance to the endocrine and. nervous systems. Because depression is often accompanied by lack of energy and insomnia, it is helpful to take energizing herbs such as ginseng in the morning and herbs that encourage restful sleep such as passionflower and skullcap at night. The following are the most helpful herbs for treating depression: -
Gingko biloba is also associated with mental acuity, making it quite popular among the contemporary culture that values natural remedies. Gingko biloba is one of the foremost herbs for depression used by many consumers and is the best selling of all herbal supplements. This herb helps improve circulatory health and has been shown to improve mental alertness, depression and overall physical health.
The most prevalent symptoms of depression are a disturbance in the sleeping habit. This could be either excess or lack of sleep. The other ancillary symptoms include fatigue, headache, and lack of enthusiasm in any activity, instability in weight, constipation and in some extreme cases suicide attempts.
Symptoms of Depression: -
The symptoms that help identify depression include:
* Constant feelings of sadness, irritability.
* Feeling exhausted most of the time, despite lack of activity.
* Decreased interest social activities.
* Significant weight change.
* A change in sleeping pattern, such as difficulty sleeping or early morning awakening.
* Lack of confidence.
* Spends a lot of time thinking about what has gone wrong or what will go wrong.
* Feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
* Physical pain, which has no apparent physical
* Thoughts of suicide or death
Home Remedies for Depression:““
* Ayurveda recommends yoga, massage and meditation, which increases the energy of life. Yoga exercises help to increase the circulation of oxygen in the system and helps keeps the mind relaxed.
* Cashew nuts are extremely beneficial in treating depression, as it is a rich source of vitamin B. It ensures body activeness and energy levels.
* Take daily walks. Fresh air and deep breathing exercises are both good in aiding relaxation.
Avoid black tea, kava tea, tobacco and alcohol. Eat more wheat germ, which is an energizer. Pears, apples, and nuts assist the nervous system in functioning properly.
*Try to distract your mind. Listen to your favorite music, do the things you are fond of, eat something good, go out with friends ““ bring a change in your daily routine, and it will help cope with depression.
* Aromatherapy helps the body relax and revive the nervous system. Inhalation of some herbal oils like rose, jasmine, lime, and grapefruit are considered a natural remedy for depression.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.ayurvedicherbalcure.com/Herbs/ashvagandha.html