Cold and nasal blockage is very common and irritating problem that mainly occurs in cold weather or due to seasonal change. Common cold can also cause by consuming refrigerated foods and drinks. People with weak immune system are the target of this condition. Cough, throat pain and headache make this condition even worst. You can treat this annoying condition using simple yet highly effective home remedies.
Cold Home Remedies
Below are some of the popular home remedies for cold and cough. The ingredients used in these home treatments are completely natural and herbal and can be easily found in your kitchen cabinet or backyard.
1. Take 10 grams of bishop's weed (ajwain) in a clean cloth and tie all ends of the cloth with a rubber band. Heat this cloth in a vessel. Now sniff this. Nasal blockage is cleared by this home remedy.
2. Mix 5 ml fresh garlic (lahsun) juice with holy basil (tulsi), four black peppers (kali mirch), a clove (laung) and a teaspoon of honey. Consume this mixture twice a day to relieve this condition.
3. Suck liquorice (mulethi). This is an effective home remedy for cough, cold and throat irritation. You can also take mulethi along with honey 2-3 times daily.
4. Garlic (lahsun) is a valuable herb in the treatment of cough and cold. The fresh juice of garlic (10-15ml) along with an equal amount of honey is a useful home remedy.
5. Drink lukewarm water, especially after meals. This will relieve and calm throat irritation and sore throat.
6. Nasal blockage can be cleared by putting eucalyptus oil (3 drops in each nostril). It will also clear up sinus affections.
7. Tea prepared from holy basil (tulsi) and garlic (lahsun) is beneficial to soothe the agitated respiratory passage.
8. Avoid exposure to cold winds. Keep your head and chest fully covered with woolen garments.
9. Boil 500mg cinnamon (dalchini) powder in milk. Add 5ml of clarified butter (ghee) and drink this milk to provide relief in cold at bed time.
10. Eat bread of whole grams with clarified butter (ghee). Drink a glassful of lemon juice mixed in hot water afterwards to get much strength and relief. It will clear nose, reduce sneezing spells and soothe the throat.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the cold home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products and ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright Ã‚© Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.home-remedies-guide.com/common-cold.htm