Sinus infection is very common type of infection and the whole world is affected by this infection. Usually the sinuses or the cavities in the bones which are present near the nose get infected by this infection. Due to infection there is a swelling in the sinuses due to which it becomes difficult to breathe. This condition also results in headache, fever and other types of discomfort. This condition is known as sinusitis infection.
Due to sinus infection a person may suffer from lot of pain and discomfort. This infection may also result in some brain infections or other chronic problems. The major symptoms of sinus infection are headaches, nasal blocking, nasal discharge, runny nose, pain in jaw/cheek/neck and ear, swelling in eyelids etc. prolonged treatments are required for chronic sinus infection. The treatment of chronic sinus infection includes antibiotics, therapies like saline nasal rinses, topical/oral decongestants, mucolytic agents, antihistamines and corticosteroids.
Sinus infection may be treated by taking home remedies regularly. Some of the home remedies for sinus infection are given below -
1. Inhaling steam from a vaporizer or a bowl of hot water provides a lot of relief from sinus infection.
2. If the person suffering from sinus infection applies a hot or cold compress over the area which is inflamed then it will provide a lot of relief from the discomfort due to sinus infection.
3. Prepare a decoction of the powder of mustard seeds and water and instilled in the nostrils. It is also an effective remedy for sinus infection and also reduces the discomforts and the pain due to sinus infection.
4. Sinus infection can also be treated by the use of essential oil of eucalyptus or pine. Take few drops of essential oil of eucalyptus or pine in hot water. Inhale this mixture as it is beneficial for sinus infection.
5. Prevention or treatment of sinus infection is very effective if any person suffering from sinus infection make use of mangoes in a liberal way during its season. Frequent attacks of sinusitis are prevented by the consumption of mangoes as it contributes towards the formation of healthy epithelium which is responsible to reduce the affect of the sinus infection.
6. Juice of cucumber, beet, carrot and spinach if taken separately or in combination proves to be beneficial for the treatment of sinus infection. If you are preparing the juice in combination then take 100 ml of each beet and cucumber juices, 200 ml of spinach juice and 300 ml of carrot juice. Mix all the juices properly and take it. It is an effective solution for the problem of sinus infection.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/homeremedy/sinus-infection.htm