Wind Energy Outlook for North America
This report analyzes the opportunities and challenges facing wind power in North America ““ particularly turbine manufacturers ““ in the current economic and political climate. It assesses drivers of growth include rising demand for electricity, pro-wind regulatory environments, advantages over other renewables, and technological innovations driving down lifetime costs of producing wind power. Key players in the wind energy business are profiled and the report also includes rich quantitative analysis including market sizing, segmentation, market share analysis of top turbine vendors, and growth forecasts for the United States and Canada through 2015. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Wind-Energy-Outlook-for-North-America.html )
Wind Power Generation Capacity and Turbine Deployments: Market Analysis and Forecast
In 2008, United States wind power generation capacity passed the 25 gigawatt mark by adding over 8 gigawatts from the year before, which represented the largest individual gain of any country in the world. This growth rate of 50% exceeded that of the year before, indicating that the market is still relatively young and has room to grow, despite the economic slowdown. The market for wind turbines will continue to grow through 2015 driven by new generation additions as well as replacements of smaller, older turbines with new, larger, more efficient turbines. In 2007, generation capacity from renewable sources made up only 4% of the world’s electricity sources, but 16% of new electricity generation capacity additions were from renewables with wind power making up more than 80% of these gains by renewables.
The year 2009 will be a defining moment for wind power markets around the world. The global economic crisis that began in late 2008 has thrown the industry into confusion, along with most other global industries. Two competing market views exist, and representatives from each camp were interviewed for this report across the wind power value chain, such as components suppliers, turbine OEMs, wind developers, and power providers.
Key questions addressed:
* What will be the installed wind generation capacity by 2015 in North America?
* How many turbines will be required to meet wind generation capacity goals, including replacing aging fleets?
* What are the key industry growth drivers and challenges inhibiting growth of wind power?
* What are the economics of turbine manufacturing, installation, operations, and maintenance?
* What technological advances may drive down the lifetime costs of wind power production?
* What market shares do the top turbine manufacturers have of installed wind generation capacity?
Who needs this report?
* Wind turbine manufacturers (OEM and components)
* Wind energy developers
* Wind turbine raw materials suppliers
* Wind energy investors
* Wind energy EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) providers
* Government agencies and regulatory officials
* Industry associations
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Wind-Energy-Outlook-for-North-America.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Email: [email protected]
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook
Visit the Author's website: http://www.bharatbook.com