Asthma is a long-term disease that has already affected millions of people all around the world. It is generally caused by allergies to certain substances such as dust, gases, smoke, pollens, foods, animal dander, cold weather, environmental changes, etc. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, and tightness in chest are some of the major symptoms of this disease.
One must control asthma as it is a life-threatening and serious disease. Although asthma is a chronic disease, it is treatable. Read this article to find the best natural home remedies for asthma. These natural remedies help reduce the severity of the disease and relieve the various symptoms associated with it. These home remedies are very simple and one can easily follow them in the comfort of their home.
Asthma Home Remedies
* The first thing you need to do is to know various allergens that may trigger the symptoms, and try to avoid them.
* Take one teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder two times a day along with warm water. This is an effective home remedies for asthma.
* Prepare a decoction by boiling equal quantities of ginger (adrak), holy basil (tulsi) and black pepper (kali mirch). Take this mixed with half a teaspoon of honey.
* Another useful home remedy for asthma is honey and ginger juice. Take one teaspoon of honey along with few drops of fresh ginger (adrak) juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
* Boil some carom seeds (ajwain) in water. Inhale the fumes produced by this hot solution. This helps relieve chest congestion.
* Carom seeds (ajwain) are also beneficial in reducing the excessive production of phlegm. Take carom seeds in the form of powder twice daily, or prepare a decoction and take it warm. This remedy is taken especially in bronchial asthma, when phlegm remains stuck in the bronchioles.
* The smoke that is obtained by burning asafoetida (hing) can be inhaled to get relief from spasms of bronchial asthma.
* Boil two or three cloves of garlic (lahsun) to a glassful of milk for five minutes. Drink hot to get relief from asthmatic symptoms.
* Another simple home remedy for asthma is mint. It is well known for its property of decreasing phlegm. Crush fresh mint leaves to extract its juice. Add equal amount of ginger (adrak) juice in mint juice. Take 8-10 ml of this mixture two times a day, along with honey.
* Holy basil (tulsi) is a valuable herb known for its anti-asthmatic properties. Crush few fresh leaves of holy basil and extract the juice. Mix basil juice with few drops of ginger (adrak) juice and some honey.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the asthma home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products or ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright Ã‚© Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.natural-cure-guide.com/home-remedies/asthma.htm