Prostate is a gland and an integral part of the male reproductive system. It is located just below the bladder, in front of the rectum in the man and it is about the size of walnut. As it surrounds the urethra it also affects the normal flow of urine. Usually hormones control the prostrate. These hormones are responsible to affect their growth. They are very effective and important in maintaining the balance in the prostrate.
Usually in prostate enlargement there is narrowing of the urethra due to which elimination of the urine becomes more difficult. It is a condition which is non-cancerous and often occurs in men over the age 50. Urethra is a tube which is running from the bladder through the prostate gland. When prostate enlarges the urethra becomes narrow and thus it causes difficulty in eliminating urine.
Due to enlargement of the prostate a person suffering from it faces a lot of trouble starting the urine stream. People often have the feeling of urination as some urine always remain left behind in the bladder. Even people have to urinate 2-3 times in night also. It becomes very urgent to urinate suffering from the problem of prostate enlargement otherwise it may dribble out to stain clothes also. A sufferer also feels pain in the perineum (area between anus and scrotum).
Though there are surgeries, medicines, herbs and also the natural remedies by which the problem of prostate enlargement can be treated.
1. Avoid taking stress and learn to relax.
2. Restrict the consumption of alcohol especially beer.
3. Avoid the consumption of coffee, alcohol, tea as it will increase the output of urine.
4. Strictly avoid the consumption of flour, white sugar and refined carbohydrates.
5. The foods which are treated with pesticides and hormones must be avoided.
6. Intake of the foods containing the cholesterol must be avoided.
7. Increase the intake of food rich in good quality proteins, natural whole foods and also unsaturated fatty acid from vegetable oils.
8. Avoid the foods rich in fat like whole dairy product, meats and other fatty rich foods as it will increase the risk of cancer also.
9. Prefer to eat the whole grain food, vegetables and fruits. These foods are rich in vitamins and full of fiber and low in fat due to which toxins are easily removed out of the body.
10. Consumption of onion and garlic are very effective. They are having the properties to fight against the cancer cells and also help in detoxification.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/prostate-health-supplement.htm