(Submit Articles) Includes following modules: mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_auth, mod_gzip, mod_headers, mod_cache, mod_expires, mod_replace and others. You can check all currently available modules in the compatibility chart (the list is growing with new builds).
Helicon Tech Corporation offers:
- modification-free transition of Apache web sites to IIS (.htaccess, .htpasswd, etc.);
- easy configuration of PHP and other Unix-based Web applications for IIS;
- powerful, fully Apache-compatible URL rewriting syntax Ã¢â‚¬” no rules redesign is necessary.
- user-friendly manager Ã¢â‚¬” configuration editing, syntax highlighting, help, testing utility in one place;
- plain text configurations Ã¢â‚¬” no XML;
- per-site installation without hosting administration participation;
- on-the-fly links, headers and HTML body modification.
- customizable user authentication/authorization settings;
- comprehensive protection from DoS attacks and hotlinking (content leeching);
- all-round web request debugging with HTTP-level web developer toolset.
- full-fledged reverse and forward proxy functionality;
- drastic server speed-up due to finely adjustable compression and cache functions.
Helicon Ape is implemented as managed IIS7 module, but can be installed as .NET module on any ASP.NET-compatible IIS version as well. It works transparently for both server and client and can even be installed on a shared hosting account without administrative access.
And there is free version of Ape which can be installed on up to 3 web sites on any server at no cost.
Currently implemented modules
Module empowers you to...
- mod_asis send files that contain their own HTTP headers
- mod_auth_basic use HTTP Basic Authentication
- mod_auth_digest use MD5 Digest Authentication
- mod_authn_anon configure anonymous users access to authenticated areas
- mod_authn_dbd provide authentication based on user look-up in SQL database
- mod_authn_default reject whatever credentials if no authentication is set
- mod_authn_file provide authentication based on user look-up in plain text password file
- mod_authz_default reject any authorization request if no authentication is configured
- mod_authz_groupfile allow or deny access to particular areas of the site depending on user group membership
- mod_authz_host allow access control to particular parts of web server based on hostname, IP address or other characteristics of the client request
- mod_authz_user allow or deny access to portions of the web site for authenticated users
- mod_cache cache local or proxied content
- mod_core use Helicon Ape core features
- mod_dbd manage SQL database connections
- mod_deflate compress server output
- mod_developer NEW! debug web requests
- mod_disk_cache use disk-based storage engine for mod_cache
- mod_env control the environment provided to CGI scripts and SSI pages
- mod_evasive protect your site(s) from HTTP DoS/DDoS attacks and brute force attacks
- mod_expires set Expires HTTP header and max-age directive of Cache-Control HTTP header in server responses in relation to either the time the source file was last modified, or to the time of the client access
- mod_filter use context-sensitive content filters
- mod_gzip compress HTTP responses
- mod_headers modify HTTP request and response headers
- mod_hotlink protect the content from hotlinking
- mod_linkfreeze change links on pages to SEO-friendly format
- mod_log_config use custom logging
- mod_logio log input and output number of bytes received/sent per request
- mod_mem_cache use memory-based storage engine for mod_cache
- mod_mime associate requested filename's extensions with the file's behavior (handlers and filters) and content (mime-type, language, character set and encoding)
- mod_proxy apply forward and reverse proxy functions for your IIS server
- mod_replace edit HTML body, HTTP request and response headers
- mod_rewrite rewrite requested URLs on the fly based on regular-expressions-based rules and various conditions
- mod_seo NEW! create SEO-friendly links on pages based on database or mapfile values
- mod_setenvif set environment variables depending on whether different parts of the request match specified regular expressions
- mod_so emulate loading modules functions
- mod_speling correct misspelled URLs by performing case-insensitive checks and allowing one misspelling
- mod_usertrack track and log user activity on the site using cookies
- mod_xsendfile NEW! sends the file specified by X-SENDFILE header
Visit the Author's website: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/