Canker sores are related with the painful sores and it is found inside the mouth. The actual cause of the canker sores is still unknown. Usually women are more affected by the men due to the canker sores. Generally they affect the people between the age group of 10-40 years although they can affect the person at any age.
It is believed that the canker sores are caused by certain types of bacteria and viruses but it is not related with the herpes simplex virus.
Some of the major causes of canker sores -
1. Due to the temperature of the food or hot drinks which causes canker sores in the area of the mouth that is burnt by the consumed substance.
2. Sometimes some people accidentally bite their inside of the cheeks or lips which result into the canker sore.
3. Due to spicy or acidic foods which often result into the canker sore.
4. Due to the improper fitting of the dentures, canker sores are caused in the area where this denture rubs the tissue in the mouth.
5. Emotional stress is also one of the reasons which may trigger the development of the canker sores.
6. Due to the deficiencies of the vitamins like vitamin B12, iron and folic acid which trigger the development of the canker sores.
You must be conscious enough and contact to your dentist immediately if canker sore is accompanied by fever also, canker sore do not heal even after 14 days, it began to appear more frequently then before, becomes unusually larger than normal size and if it is extremely painful and also interfere in drinking, eating and talking.
It can be treated with the help of home remedies also. Some of the popular home remedies for treating canker sores.
1. Make a habit to eat garlic cloves, this works very well in the treatment of canker sores.
2. You can use aloe vera juice as a mouth wash as it is very effective.
3. Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and mix it in warm water. Use this solution as a mouth wash.
4. Pain due to canker sores is reduced by the intake of yogurt also. Make a habit to eat a bowl of yogurt in addition to your meals.
5. For fast healing of the canker sores, eating papaya in large quantities is also very helpful.
6. You can also apply tea tree oil over the canker sores. It will help the canker sores in healing fast.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/homeremedy/canker-sores.htm