Silent Install HOWTO for Adobe Reader.
Now systems engineers have to deploy Adobe Reader 9.2 with a release date of 13 October 2009 or later.
How to silent install Adobe Reader:
1. Download the executable to install Adobe Reader 9.2 from the Adobe website.
2. Download the Customization Wizard: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3993
3. Place the executable installer file from Adobe to a temp directory, example: C:\temp
4. Do not install the executable but unpack the installer file wiyh the following command: AdbeRdr920_nl_NL.exe -nos_o"Reader9" -nos_ne
5. Check "C:\temp\Reader9". The install files are extracted here.
6. Install the Customization Wizard, open your project file (.MSI) make your modifications and save your project. There will be a .mst file in "C:\temp\Reader9" now.
7. Use the following command to install Silent: msiexec.exe /i AcroRead.msi TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /qn
About the author: Brian Chin (Systems Engineer)
Visit the Author's website: http://www.12pressrelease.com