Usually intestinal parasites are caused by two major types of intestinal parasites called protozoa or helminths. Protozoa are single cell organism and it has characteristics to multiply within the body. Helminths do not multiply in human body. This means this parasite do not re infects you and usually it clear up with the proper treatment. The most common types of helminths are round worms and tapeworms.
Some of the major symptoms of parasites are diarrhea, weight loss, passing a worm in your stool, fatigue or weakness, stomach pain or tenderness, nausea or vomiting and gas or bloating.
It is very important to consult some physician to solve this problem of parasites. Sometimes various tests are also required to reduce the problem of parasites. Some natural remedies are also very beneficial to reduce the problem of parasites. For the treatment of parasites some herbs, supplements and also some dietary recommendations are helpful. Some of the important natural remedy:
1. The herb goldenseal is very helpful in the treatment of parasites. It contains an active constituent called berberine which is active against Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia and also plasmodium.
2. A traditional herb wormseed is a traditional herbal remedy especially in the tropics to expel hookworms, roundworms and tapeworms. Usually many herbalists prefer to consider wormseed tea as concentrated wormseed oil is too potent to use.
3. A folk herbal remedy black walnut is used for ringworm and athlete's foot. For the problem of parasites the juice of unripe hulls of black walnut arte used. But for intestinal parasites there have been no clinical studies on the effectiveness or safety of black walnut.
4. For intestinal parasites, herb wormwood has been used for centuries as its herbal remedy. It contains sesquiterpene lactones which is helpful to weaken the parasite membranes. Worm wood can be found in the liquid extract, tea and in capsule form. Pure oil of worm wood is considered to be toxic which should not be ingested.
5. For the remedy of tapeworms and roundworms one of the traditional remedy is the pumpkin seeds. For its use the seeds are often mashed and mixed with juice. A laxative is often recommended after 2-3 hours of the intake of pumpkin seeds which help to clean the intestine.
6. You must avoid coffee, alcohol, refined foods and refined sugar. Try to eat ant-parasitic foods, foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc as they support the immune system.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.naturalhealth-supplements.com/remedies/worm-infestation.htm