We are all so happy to see those hot summer temperatures roll around again, aren't we? That is until those cooling bills start rolling in as well! Whether you keep your home comfortable by using a sleek new energy-efficient central air system, old-fashioned evaporative cooler or even with floor fans and window units, there are additional steps you can take to significantly reduce your summer cooling bills now just now: but for every season hereafter! Here are some tips.
1. Raise The Temperature A Bit: Your house doesnÃƒ¢â‚¬Ã¢â€ž¢t need to be kept as cold as your refrigerator in order for your family to be comfortable! Try setting your thermostat to 78 degrees and see how it feels. Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set a program for your home's temperature throughout the day and overnight as well: no more wasted energy when you don't need it!
2. Install Ceiling Fans: Putting ceiling fans in as many rooms as possible will greatly increase your comfort levels while allowing you to run your cooling system less. It costs relatively little to run them, and the increased air circulation they create make a big difference.
3. Add More Insulation: Attic temperatures during the hottest months can soar to well over 100 degrees and, depending on where you live and the number of shade trees that are protecting your house, can even top off at 150! If your attic insulation is lacking, adding another layer will help to keep that heat up in the attic where it belongs and away from your upstairs living areas.
4. Close the Drapes: Keeping your blinds, shades, shutters or drapes closed during the hottest parts of the day. You especially want to make sure they are drawn on windows with a western exposure since afternoon heat is particularly searing.
5. Invest in Window Tinting: Today's window tinting products are more attractive and practical than ever before and their cost is a mere fraction of the expense of replacement windows. The best products will reject up to 75 percent of the sun's heat while still allowing you to enjoy the view all day long.
All of the above tips will really help to substantially reduce your monthly cooling bills and allow your family to enjoy a better quality of life and optimum comfort at home.
Make sure to buy only from an experienced Utah window tinting professional or a supplier in the town where you live. Consumers who are seeking a cost-effective solution to lowering their utility bills and increasing their level of comfort should contact a quality Utah window tinting specialist or a tinting professional in the state of their choice.
Visit the Author's website: http://www.glamourglaze.com/